Garage Ceiling Drywall Thickness Lovely
Its thickness makes it the ideal.
Garage ceiling drywall thickness. The most common drywall panel size measures 4 feet by 8 feet and if the garage walls are 8 foot high that s the optimal size. By minimum 17 8 inches 6d coated nails or. 5 8 inch thick drywall is also referred to as firewall drywall.
For the ceiling however the general rule in construction is to install the largest drywall panels you can handle safely. Most residential building codes only specify the wall between your garage and your living space. Drywall screws at least 1 inch longer than the thickness of the drywall are used to attach the panels to the ceiling joists.
Type x has a denser core and contains glass fibers that keep it from crumbling in the heat. Even easier are ultra light 1 2 inch panels which are 13 pounds lighter than conventional 1 2 inch drywall. These panels are easy to carry and hang.
As always check with your local building codes before starting your project. Both the wall studs and the ceiling trusses have 24 oc spacing. I know that for the ceiling i ll need to use 5 8 thick drywall due to the 24 spacing and sagging that would occur over time as moisture hits the drywall which will happen in a detached garage.
The same is true for three eighths inch panels which are only slightly thicker. The thinnest panels which are one quarter inch thick are generally reserved for overlaying existing walls or ceilings because these thin panels have a tendency to wave and warp when installed alone. If weight is still a concern consider ultra light half inch drywall.
If the garage walls are 9 feet high select panels that are 54 inches wide. Exterior facing walls can use inch drywall but inch drywall is still recommended. When installed horizontally the panels will fit evenly eliminating the need to cut the panels.
- Corner Gas Fireplace
- College Dorm Decorative Pillows
- Corner Kitchen Cabinet Ideas
- Corner Shoe Rack For Closet
- Coastal Ceiling Fans Without Lights
- Concrete Stain And Sealer
- Clothes Hooks For Walls
- Copper Light Fixture Flush
- Cordless Heating Pad For Dogs
- College Works Painting
- Convection Oven Vs Conventional Oven For Baking
- Consumer Kitchen And Bath East Meadow
- Copper Pots And Pans Set
- Comfortable Computer Chair Recliner
- Collective Retreats Governors Island
- Contemporary Platform Bed Frame Queen
- Colour Design Blouse
- Colorful Rugs For Nursery
- Colour Combination For Living Room Images
- Convertible Chair To Twin Bed